Thursday, April 23, 2009

P90X - Round 2, Day 4 - Yoga X

So Alana opted out of the workout last night (L-O-N-G night the night before for her). She was just too tired! So I had already made up my mind, and convinced myself that I'd be doing Yoga. So I pushed play at 9pm last night, getting off to a late start (for me). I found it wasn't quite as difficult as usual. hmmmmmm...and since Jeremy has convinced me to put a video together for the next infomercial, I even filmed a little (mainly to prove to everyone that yes, I actually do yoga!). Held the 'crane' pose for I don't know how many seconds (I'd have to check the video), but it felt great!

I think this weekend I'll try and piece together the video clips I have and get them sent in. I don't know if I'm brave enough to post it here, like Demi did on her blog (GREAT job, by the way!). We'll see...

Thought I'd pull a "Jeremy" here and fill you guys in on a bit from our Bible study this week. I've just been amazed with this:

1 Peter 1:1,2
1Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, To God's elect, strangers in the world, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, 2who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.


I thought, what does this mean? Does God really choose us, or do we chose to be A Christian. Have any of you thought this too? What is foreknowledge? What does Peter mean through the sanctifying work of the Spirit. So, here goes my attempt to understand.

ForeknowledgeProginosko the Greek word for foreknowledge means to know beforehand. “For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among the brethren.” (Romans 8:28-30)

By foresight, God saw the faith by which some would believe.

Those whom God elected, He engaged in a conscious, loving relationship.” (Romans 8:28)

Elected – to pick out or choose. “He chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world.” (Eph 1:4) This totally blows my mind that we were chosen, not because of merit, but simply due to grace, since I am so undeserving.

The big question that I had in a previous study, when we were reading Ephesians and discussing this subject was – Why me? Has anyone ever thought that before. Or, is it fair that I was elected and others weren’t. Maybe this will help: Paul said – "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.” (Acts 16:31) So not only are you predestined or elected, but you choose as well. Both are true.

Sanctification – To Sanctify means to set apart. God wants us to be separated from our sins and set apart for the Savior. God wants us to live holy lives, avoid sexual immorality and control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, and not wrong his brother. The Holy Spirit does this to us!

And this is just the first 2 verses!!!! :O)




2 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm so glad you're putting together a video to send in!

    Love how you "pulled a Jeremy" today in your post! Great verse to meditate on... Thank you for your insights into it. At retreat, Christine Caine talked about how we were "plucked from eternity" and placed here for a purpose. We, however, get to choose whether or not we want to do what we were called for. I am so excited right now and all you've said just stirs the fire that's going on in my heart!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word Ken...definetly a topic that the Holy Spirit is stirring. This is a time that we all need to be very Kingdom focused.

    One thing when you type "since I am so undeserving." Isn't it awesome when we realize that in God's eyes, we are deserving. He loves you that much!

    Looking forward to the video! And the post fit test numbers...:-D

    ReplyDelete